Wednesday, November 01, 2006

High School Skills and Bare Apartments


Coming into the Peace Corps as a community and organizational development volunteer with a recent degree in business administration, one would think I would be using my recently developed business skills here in Bulgaria. Though I'm sure that time will come, it was ironic that for my first true project in Bratsigovo I was asked to design a logo for a local NPO, calling on my AP art skills from my days in high school.

The logo I was asked to draw is for an NPO called "Достоен За Всеки" or loosely "A Worthy Life for Everyone." The NPO is an organization which works to provide food for the needy as well as various educational resources to help Bulgarians gain job-related skills to improve their lives. Overall, I'm quite happy with how the logo turned out, as is the organization.

In other news, I now have an official mailing address so for those who are so inclined as to send me things, it is now possible. The address is as follows:

Ерик Хелмз
Ул. Атанас Кабов 6А
Брацигово 4579
България

This should be all you need so send away if your heart desires. Along those lines, my apartment is quite bare so any photos, posters, and flags would be greatly appreciated.

Currently Reading: "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand
Currently Listening to: "Live in Portland" by Elliott Smith

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Wahlgren said...

The logo looks awesome!

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home