Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Time Has Come


In ten hours from now I will be boarding a plane to Washington D.C. and officially embarking on my Peace Corps experience. Despite the fact that my departure is so eminent, I still can't fully comprehend that I will be away from Colorado for over two years. At this point my range of emotions is varying from excited and anxious to nostalgic. It has been hard to say goodbye to the many great friends I have here in Colorado and will be even harder saying goodbye to my family tomorrow. Despite this, I have never felt more ready for the journey ahead of me. I feel like this adventure is something that I've always been meant to do and that in itself is a very satisfying feeling. Although I don't know what lies ahead of me these next two weeks, let alone two years, I know this is what I'm meant to do at this point in my life. In the words of one of my favorite songs... "Strapped my memories to my back, I'm leaving... I'm already gone..."

-Currently Reading: "Survivor" by Chuck Palahniuk
-Currently Listening to: "Orange Sky" by Alexi Murdoch, "S/T" by Ghost Buffalo, and "S/T" by Planes Mistaken for Stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home