Friday, July 07, 2006

BULGARIA!

I have finally found out that I will be serving as a community development volunteer in the country of Bulgaria. I will be leaving on the 4th of August for Virginia where I will spend three days of traning before heading off to Bulgaria. For the first two and a half months I will be living with a host family about 90 miles outside of the capital, Sophia, learning Bulgarian as well as other aspects of Bulgarian life. The hard part at this point is that I have so much to do in so little time, yet I'm in the middle of my backpacking trip around Europe which makes it quite hard to apply for a Peace Corps passport and Bulgarian visa. Nonetheless, I'm extremely excited and can't wait to leave. Cheers!

-Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
-Currently Listening to: "The Animal Years" by Josh Ritter and "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home