Monday, July 17, 2006

Seventeen Days and Counting


I've returned in one piece from Europe now and am in the process of preparing for my departure to Bulgaria. Which basically means I'm running around Colorado trying to see everyone before I leave, purchase any necessary things, and learn the oh so hard language of Bulgarian (Take a look at the Cyrillic alphabet, it makes no sense.) The schedule at this point is that I'll be leaving the morning of the 3rd on a flight to Washington D.C. where I'll have orientation until the 7th. I will then take a flight to Sofia, via Frankfurt, and arrive at the mountain town of Panichishte until the 11th. Finally, on the 11th I will move in with my host family for two months of intensive language, business, and cultural training. At this point it is hard for me to fathom that in just over two weeks I'll be living in an entirely different culture for the next 27 months. Nonetheless, I am extremely excited for the opportunity.

-Currently Reading: Bulgarian Language Lessons
-Currently Listening to: Ghost Buffalo - S/T

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Touche, my brother! I took my picture too. Syria bitch!

Happy birthday, you're an old man.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Plus, I clearly love you more, I linked to your blog from my site.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home